Climbing New Zealand is seeking applications from people interested in the position of NZ Youth Team (NZYT) Assistant Coach for the 2017 NZYT who will compete at IFSC Youth World Championships in Innsbruck (Aug 30 – Sept 10) and at the Oceania Championships in Noumea later in October (date TBC).
Please note there is no remuneration attached to this position, however travel and accommodation expenses associated with training camps will be paid by CNZ and those associated with competitions will be covered by the team.
The parents or guardians or any person who has a direct family relationship with any qualified athlete shall not be eligible for this position.
The NZYT Assistant Coach will provide support and assistance predominately to the NZYT Head Coach and also support and assist the NZYT Manager as required.
The Assistant Coach should:
- Be available to travel with the team officials and athletes during the specified time outlined by CNZ and other team officials
- Be familiar with the IFSC code, rules and regulations for competitions
- Provide coaching assistance to the head coach as required
- Help monitor progress of the athletes leading up to competitions when possible
- Attend all CNZ National competitions and training sessions when possible
- Ensure nutritional guidelines and fitness for the athletes are maintained
- Represent New Zealand and CNZ in a positive and professional manner
Ideally the NZYT Assistant Coach is someone who:
- Can communicate effectively
- Is positive and enthusiastic
- Is well organised
- Has previous youth coaching experience
Please include in your application a description of your coaching experience and philosophy, and a brief account of your strengths and weaknesses.
Application closing date: November 20th 2016
If you have any further questions please contact David Sanders 027 373 7336 or Peter Lofthouse