Climbing New Zealand â€“ National Selection Panel Member
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitability qualified individuals for a role on the National Selection Panel. This role operates as a part of a panel of 3 selectors, the other two being the current National Youth Coach and current Opens Coach. The selection panel selects Youth, Open and Para teams and development squads, guided by the Selection Policy.
- A passion for the sport of Sport Climbing, and a desire to it grow and thrive in New Zealand;
- Ability to work with young athletes and identify talent;
- Ability to analyse results and apply quantitative and qualitative assessments as required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Highly respected amongst the Climbing community;
- Understanding of IFSC international regulations and rules of the Sport.
- Able to attend National qualifying competitions and events as required.
- Participate in selection meetings or online calls.
- Support meeting key decision timelines.
This is an un-paid volunteer role, with expenses reimbursed. Appointment is for one year to appoint teams for 2021.
Climbing New Zealand