Climbing New Zealand â€“ National Selection Panel Member
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitability qualified individuals for a role on the National Selection Panel. This role operates as a part of a panel of 3 selectors, the other two being the current National Youth Coach and current Opens Coach. The selection panel selects Youth, Open and Para teams and development squads, guided by the Selection Policy.
- A passion for the sport of Sport Climbing, and a desire to it grow and thrive in New Zealand;
- Ability to work with young athletes and identify talent;
- Ability to analyse results and apply quantitative and qualitative assessments as required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Highly respected amongst the Climbing community;
- Understanding of IFSC international regulations and rules of the Sport.
- Able to attend National qualifying competitions and events as required.
- Participate in selection meetings or online calls.
- Support meeting key decision timelines.
This is an un-paid volunteer role, with expenses reimbursed. Appointment is for one year to appoint teams for 2021.
Please submit expressions of interest with background and qualifications to by the 20th of May 2020, or contact Richard Waldin on 0274972677 for more information
Climbing New Zealand