Cancellation of Lead National Championships this week-end

As you will all be aware, Auckland has been put into level 3 lockdown from midday today (Wednesday) until midnight on Friday. The rest of the country will be at level 2 for the same period. All non-essential travel to Auckland prohibited up until midnight Friday, and no certainty about restrictions beyond that time frame.

There is no other choice but to cancel the Lead Championships this week-end.

This is incredibly disappointing particularly knowing all the hard work that has gone into the preparations for this and other events after the previous lockdown period. Thanks to all of the volunteers who have helped in preparation and who were ready to help this week and in the week-end.

As this is uncharted waters, we are still to work out what this will mean for future events this year. At this stage the schools event is still on as scheduled, however a decision on whether this goes ahead will be made early next week.

We will follow up with more information in the coming days including refund processes.

Kia Kaha


Richard Waldin
Climbing New Zealand 

Related Post