Climbing New Zealand â€“ National Selection Panel Member
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitability qualified individuals for a role on the National Selection Panel. The selection panel has 3 selectors and a CNZ appointed Convener who overseas the process on behave of Climbing New Zealand. The selection panel selects Youth, Open and Para teams and development squads, guided by the Selection Policy.
The current selection policy is available here: https://www.climbing.nz/climbing-new-zealand-national-team-selection-policy/
- A passion for the sport of Sport Climbing, and a desire for it to thrive and grow in New Zealand;
- Ability to work with young athletes and identify talent;
- Ability to analyse results and apply quantitative and qualitative assessments as required;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills;
- Highly respected amongst the Climbing community;
- Understanding of IFSC international regulations and rules of the Sport.
- Able to attend National qualifying competitions and events as required.
- Participate in selection meetings or online calls.
- Support meeting key decision timelines.
This is an un-paid volunteer role.Â Appointment is for one year to appoint New Zealand Teams and Squads for 2022.
Climbing New Zealand